Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Chevrolet Cavalier, oil reset instructions: Reset service light indicator…
Chevrolet Silverado maintenance service light reset indicator instructions, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset maintenance light Chevrolet Silverado, oil reset instructions:
How do you oil reset maintenance light Chevrolet Silverado, maintenance light, Chevrolet Silverado reset service light indicator years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. For reset maintenance light and that can be made manually by use button on car dashboard.
For Chevrolet Silverado years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 models the oil maintenance light reset system can also be reset as follows:
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Display the OIL LIFE REMAINING on the DIC (i button).
- If the vehicle does not have DIC buttons, the vehicle must be in P (Park) to access this display by pressing the trip odometer reset stem.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET (check mark) button on the DIC , or the trip odometer reset stem if vehicle does not have DIC buttons for more than 5 seconds.
- The oil life will change to 100%.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Chevrolet Silverado maintenance service light reset indicator instructions
This reset should be done after changed the engine oil and filter according to the technical specifications relating Manufacturer. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these. If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.