Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Mercedes-Benz SLK - Class, year: 1998-1999, oil reset…
How to Release Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Electric Parking Brakes for Service years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
Here in this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to release Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class electric parking brake so that you can perform service such as replacing rear brake pads directly from the car menu.
If you leave the vehicle unsupervised, some people or children they could set it in motion by, for example:
• releasing the parking brake • shifting the automatic transmission out of the parking position P
• starting the engine.
You only have to follow 9 steps:
- Secure the vehicle so that it cannot move once the parking brakes are released for service
- Enter the vehicle and close the driver’s door.
- Release the parking brakes by pressing the button on the dashboard. If the parking brakes are engaged you will not be able to set the parking brakes in the service position.
- Without pressing the brake pedal, press the START button. If your car doesn’t have the START button, turn the key in the ignition one click. Ignition should be in what is known as Position I. Dashboard lights up, but warning lights should not be on.
- Make sure MILEAGE is shown on the instrument cluster. If not, use the steering wheel buttons to display the miles. Scroll to TRIP then press OK.
- Press and hold the Phone button and the OK button on the steering wheel for about 5 seconds.
- The service menu will display on the dashboard. Scroll down to Brake Pad Replace then press OK.
- Press OK to move to Fitting Position. You should hear the parking brakes move to the service position.
- Service the rear brake pads. Once you are done with the service, press OK to reset the parking brake.
The electric parking brake performs a function test at regular intervals while the engine is switched off. The sounds that can be heard while this is occurring are normal.