Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Saab 9-7x, year 2005-2009 reset instructions: 2005-2009 Turn…
How to reset oil service light Saab 9-7X.
Reset oil service light Saab 9-7X. From year: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change your engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Anytime your oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where you change your oil prior to a change engine oil light being turned on, reset the system. To reset the Engine Oil Life System, do the following:
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting the car.
- Use the fuel button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) to reach the ENGINE OIL LIFE screen.
- Press and hold the select button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) five seconds while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed.
- OIL LIFE RESET will appear on the Driver Information Center (DIC) display for 10 seconds to let you know the system is reset.
- If the change engine oil light comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
- Turn the ignition to off position and then start the car to see if the engine oil life indicator has been reset.
- All information how to reset engine oil life system on a Saab 9-7x is taken from Saab owners manual.