Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Ford Galaxy, reset instructions: With the ignition off,…
Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Ford Fiesta, year 2003 reset instructions:
1. Pull the hood release to open the hood. Prop it up with a rod and locate the battery under the hood.
2. Find the negative battery terminal. You will see a clamp with a nut on it. Loosen the nut with an adjustable wrench and slid the clamp off of the battery terminal.
3. Wrap a towel around the negative battery clamp and keep it away from the battery altogether. The towel will help to protect you and the battery.
4. Let the vehicle sit for about 15 minutes. This will allow the computer to reset and erase all trouble codes.
5. Discard the towel and put the negative battery clamp back onto the negative battery terminal. Tighten the nut with the wrench. Tuck the rod away and lower the hood of the car.
6. Put the key into the ignition and start the engine. Verify that all service and warning lights have turned off.