How to reset tire pressure warning light Toyota FJ Cruiser. Reset tire pressure warning light…
Reset tire pressure warning light Toyota Rav4 XA40 fourth generation. From year: 2013, 2014.
How to reset oil service light Toyota Rav4, 3 generation XA30, 4 generation.
How to initialize the tire pressure warning system.
- Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch to the “LOCK” position (vehicles without a smart key system) or off (vehicles with a smart key system). Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.
- Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position (vehicles without a smart key system) or IGNITION ON mode (vehicles with a smart key system).
- Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
- Vehicles without a smart key system: Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position and then turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position. Vehicles with a smart key system: Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in IGNITION ON mode and then turn the engine switch off.
Registering ID codes Toyota Rav 4.
The tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is equipped with a unique ID code. When replacing a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter, it is necessary to register the ID code. Have the ID code registered by your Toyota dealer.
When to replace your vehicle’s tires. Tires should be replaced if:
- You have tire damage such as cuts, splits, cracks deep enough to expose the fabric, and bulges indicating internal damage.
- A tire goes flat repeatedly or cannot be properly repaired due to the size or location of a cut or other damage.
If you are not sure, consult with your Toyota dealer.
Replacing tires and wheels (vehicles with the tire pressure warning system).
If the ID code of the tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is not registered, the tire pressure warning system will not work properly. After driving for about 20 minutes, the tire pressure warning light blinks for 1 minute and stays on to indicate a system malfunction.
Tire life Toyota Rav4.
Any tire over 6 years old must be checked by a qualified technician even if it has seldom or never been used or damage is not obvious.
Routine tire inflation pressure checks (vehicles with the tire pressure warning system).
The tire pressure warning system does not replace routine tire inflation pressure checks. Make sure to check tire inflation pressure as part of your routine of daily vehicle checks.
Situations in which the tire pressure warning system may not operate properly (if equipped).
In the following cases, the tire pressure warning system may not operate properly.
- If non-genuine Toyota wheels are used.
- A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not an OE (Original Equipment) tire.
- A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not of the specified size.
- Tire chains etc. are equipped.
- Lock nuts are equipped.
- An auxiliary-supported run-flat tire is equipped.
- If a window tint that affects the radio wave signals is installed.
- If there is a lot of snow or ice on the vehicle, particularly around the wheels or wheel housings.
- If the tire inflation pressure is extremely higher than the specified level.
- If the spare tire is in a location subject to poor radio wave signal reception.
- If a large metallic object which can interfere with signal reception is put in
*: Vehicles with a full-size spare tire only
Performance may be affected in the following situations.
- Near a TV tower, electric power plant, gas station, radio station, large display, airport or other facility that generates strong radio waves or electrical noise.
- When carrying a portable radio, cellular phone, cordless phone or other wireless communication device.
When the vehicle is parked, the time taken for the warning to start or go off could be extended.
When tire inflation pressure declines rapidly for example when a tire has burst, the warning may not function.