BMW X5 and BMW X6 oil reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator…
Reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset maintenance light BMW X6, oil reset instructions:
How do you oil reset maintenance light BMW X6, maintenance light, reset service light indicator BMW X6 years 2014, 2015, 2016,2017. For reset maintenance light and that can be made manually by use button on car dashboard.
For BMW X6 2007-2015 models the oil reset maintenance light system can also be reset as follows:
- Press the START/STOP button once (do not start the engine)
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button for 10 seconds until the service indicator light appears. Press the SET/RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- If the service item is due, it will display ‘Reset executable’. Start the reset by pressing the Set/Reset button for 3 seconds.
- The message ‘Execute reset?’ will appear. Confirm the reset by by pressing the Set/Reset button again for 3 seconds. A progress bar will be displayed showing ‘Reset running’.
- The reset is confirmed by displaying ‘Reset successful’.
- Turn the ignition off. Start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
This reset should be done after changed the engine oil and filter according to the technical specifications relating Manufacturer. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these.