Toyota Tundra oil reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset maintenance…
Reset oil service light indicator, engine oil life Toyota Tundra 2. From year: 2005-2014 reset instructions:
How to reset oil service light Toyota Tundra 2 generation.
This light acts as a reminder when to replace the engine oil. This light will come on when the ignition key is turned to “ON” and will go off after about a few seconds. When you drive for about 7200 km (4500 miles) after the engine oil replacement, this light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 12 seconds with the ignition key turned to the “ON” position. If you continue driving without replacing the engine oil, and if the distance driven exceeds 8000 km (5000 miles), the light will come on after the ignition key is turned to “ON” position. The light will remain on thereafter. If the light is flashing, we recommend that you replace the engine oil at an early opportunity depending on the driving and road conditions. If the light comes on, replace it as soon as possible.
The system must be reset after the engine oil replacement. Reset the system by the following procedure:
When tje Maint Requd appears on a Toyota Tundra you must follow this steps to reset the warning light.
1. Turn the ignition key to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position with the odometer reading shown.
2. Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position while holding down the trip meter reset knob. See below pictures.
3. On dash will appear ” – – – – – – ” who will blink.
4. Hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates “000000” and the light goes off.
5. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
All information how can you reset oil service light is taken from Toyota Tundra second generation owners manual.