How to reset oil service light RAM 1500. Reset service light indicator, engine oil life…
How to reset oil service light RAM 1500.
RAM 1500 oil reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset maintenance light RAM 1500, oil reset instructions:
How do you oil reset maintenance light RAM 1500, maintenance light, RAM 1500 oil reset service light indicator years 2014, 2015, 2016. For reset maintenance light and that can be made manually by use button on car dashboard.
For information, this method applies to the fourth and fifth generations of Ram pickups (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 model years).
Reset service light indicator, engine oil life RAM 1500, year 2014 reset instructions:
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Press and release the DOWN arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info”.
- Press and release the RIGHT arrow button to access the ”Oil Life” screen.
- Press and release the DOWN arrow button to select “Reset”, then press and release the Right arrow button to select reset of the Oil Life to 100%.
- Press and release the Up arrow button to exit the EVIC screen.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to veirfy the indicator has been reset.
FOR RAM 1500 DT
- Get in the car and turn it to the run mode
- Go to VEHICLE INFO by using the ▲ or ▼ button
- Scroll to OIL LIFE by using the ◄ or ► button
- Press and hold the OK button to reset it
RAM 1500 oil reset service light indicator
This reset should be done after changed the engine oil and filter according to the technical specifications relating Manufacturer. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these. If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.