BMW 3 Series oil reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset…
BMW 6 Series reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset maintenance light BMW 6 Series, oil reset instructions:
How do you oil reset maintenance light BMW 6 Series, maintenance light, BMW 6 Series reset service light indicator years 2011, 2012, 2013. For reset maintenance light and that can be made manually by use button on car dashboard.
For BMW 6 Series 2011-2013 models the oil reset maintenance light system can also be reset as follows:
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15 which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button for 10 seconds.
- The upper display in the Instrument Cluster will be illuminated with a Service Item. The lower display in the Instrument Cluster will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for that Service Item. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the Condition Based Service Items.
- Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again and the lower display screen will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower window for that service. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
BMW 6 Series reset service light indicator
This reset should be done after changed the engine oil and filter according to the technical specifications relating Manufacturer. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these. If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.