Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Smart Fortwo, oil reset instructions: How do you…
How do you reset maintenance light, reset service light indicator Smart Fortwo, year 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. For reset maintenance light and that can be made manually by use button on car dashboard.
Reset service light indicator, engine oil life Smart Fortwo, oil reset instructions:
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Within 10 seconds push the TRIP button until the maintenance indicator appears (double wrench).
- Push and hold TRIP button. Turn ignition off.
- Continue to hold TRIP button. Turn igntion on (do not start engine). The display shows the remaining distance for the next maintenance interval
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Oil Change Light Reset Smart Fortwo 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 instructions
- Turn the ignition to the “RUN” position.
- Within 4 seconds, press the “TRIP” button twice to display the service indicator.
- Turn the ignition off within 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the “TRIP” button.
- Turn the ignition to the “RUN” position, continue to hold the button until the service indicator flashes and then “0” is displayed.
- Release the button and turn the ignition off.
Smart Fortwo reset service light indicator
This reset should be done after changed the engine oil and filter according to the technical specifications relating Manufacturer. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these. If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.