BMW 3 Series oil reset service light indicator, engine oil life, service indicator oil reset…
Resetting the Oil Service Indicator on Various BMW 5 Series Models
Understanding the maintenance indicators on your BMW 5 Series is crucial to the longevity and performance of your vehicle. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to reset the oil service light across different models and years.
- BMW E12
- BMW E28
- BMW E34
- BMW E39 (1997-2003)
- BMW E60 (2003-2010)
- BMW E61 (2004-2010)
- BMW F10
- BMW F11
BMW 5 Series E39 (1997-2003): Resetting Oil Service Light
- Ensure the ignition key is off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button (left button in the instrument cluster) and turn the ignition key to the first position. Keep it pressed for about 5 seconds until “Oil Service” with “Reset” appears on the display.
- If “reset” shows, the minimum consumption limit reached, and resetting is possible. If not, you’ll have to wait until this limit is reached.
- Press and hold the reset button until the word “Reset” starts to flash. Then, while it’s flashing, briefly press the left button to reset the service interval. “End SIA” will subsequently appear.
BMW 5 Series E60 (2003-2010): Steps to Reset Oil Service Light
- With the ignition on, reset the odometer trip meter to zero with a single press. Switch off the ignition afterwards.
- Turn the ignition on, ensuring the battery, oil, and parking brake lights display. Do not start the car.
- Hold the odometer reset button until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark appears. This is the Service icon. Release and press the button again to display the brake fluid symbol.
- For oil service light reset, keep holding the button until “RESET?” appears. Hold it once more until the reset completes.
BMW 5 Series E61 (2004-2010): Reset Procedure
- Insert the key and press the START/STOP button without pressing clutch/brake. Wait for the service reminder to vanish.
- After it disappears, hold the odometer reset. A warning triangle appears after 3 seconds.
- Stay on the button until the oil-can symbol shows up. Navigate the service menu using the BC button on the left steering column switch. When the oil service light displays, hit the BC button until “Reset” appears. Press and hold it for 2-3 seconds. A clock will indicate the reset process.
Important Consideration for All BMW Owners
Always reset the oil service light post an oil and filter change as per the BMW’s technical specifications. Resetting without the actual service can lead to engine wear. If an error appears post-reset, repeat the process or seek professional assistance.
Should you wish to reset other indicators like the engine light, airbag light, or inspection errors, please use the search bar on our platform. Keep your BMW running smoothly with timely maintenance and accurate reset procedures.